As we start to approach summer, we are noticing more and more of my clients wanting to shed the dullness and bring the shine back into their hair. In this case, as a new go-to style, hair enameling has come into our sight and is replacing everything from drastically slicked-back loose strands in fashion shows to everyday messy buns. Keep scrolling to learn more information about hair enameling and how you can achieve this hair enameling look.
What Is Hair Enameling?
Hair enameling is a high-shine, slicked-back hairstyle. It commonly has a side part with the hair gathered into a low ponytail or bun at the back of your head.
It’s a new take on the wet look. While this look achieves that wet-hair style, what sets it apart from other slicked styles is the softness.
For example, this style uses lightweight hair gels, mousses that don’t crunch, hair oils, and leave-in treatments to make hair healthy, shiny, and slick, but your hair doesn’t become rockhard while still feeling soft.
What Are The Pros Of Hair Enameling?
Actually, there are many advantages to this ultra-glossy look. Then let us have a look together.
1. Hair enameling can give you the same worry-free comfort of a slicked-back, wet-hair look.
2. In the 2022 version, hair enameling can scoop your whole head of hair up into a messy bun or a claw-clip style, without the need to adjust or redo throughout the day.
3. It is sleek, easy to achieve, and quite reliable. After all, who doesn’t want a go-to, fool-proof look they can do on those bad hair days?
4. It is trendy in spring and summertime. It can allow you to experiment with stronger and more playful makeup looks, and give you a refreshing feel.
5. Hair enameling is a perfect look for both casual and dressy occasions. If you want to try something low-key but still look like you’ve made the effort, it is an excellent option for you.
How To Achieve Hair Enameling?
If this style that almost looks luminescent is done right, we believe you will achieve an edgy look that will be the talk of your social circle and will provide an enviable, instagramable shot. So how can you recreate this glossy look from the comfort of your home? Follow these simple steps!
Step 1. Create Your Part
Start by creating a deep side part in your hair. To make it easier, please use a skinny comb to make sure it’s perfectly straight and there aren’t any stray hairs on the sides.
Step 2. Gel Your Hair
After your hair is parted, apply a small dollop of gel to smooth down any flyaways and create a sleek look without making your hair feel hard and crunchy. When brushing the gel through your hair, brush down, following the shape of your hair. You want to show off the deep side part, so make sure you don’t end up gelling your hair straight back.
Step 3. Gather Your Hair Into An Updo
Next, secure your hair enameling look in place with a low bun or a low ponytail based on your preference, and secure it in place with a hair tie or some bobby pins. If you don’t want to worry about your hair one bit during the day, go for the bun. Of course, you can opt for a low ponytail to create different styles.
Step 4. Finish With A Spray
Once your hair is held in place, it’s time to finish off your style and truly achieve that hair enameling look. Spray a shine spray to your hair to add a little extra hold to your style while amping up the shine factor.
Voila! Easy-peasy, isn’t it?
Some Points You Need To Know About Hair Enameling
Why not consider getting the hair enameling look? We could not think of a better hairstyle to take us from work to a night with friends or even to breakfast the next morning. In order to achieve a perfect hair enameling look, there are some important points you need to notice.
1. We suggest you use alcohol-free gel to help to make your hair feel hydrated while tame frizz. More importantly, it can work to add beautiful shine without making your hair feel hard. You even don’t need to worry about this gel flaking.
These gels that contain alcohol may dry your hair stiff as a board and let them to lose their wet appearance pretty quickly.
2. Not keen on gel? You can use a mousse and a boar bristle brush to fashion the same look.
Or, you might like to use oil to smooth over dry hair when styling to dial-up shine.
3. Plus, if you choose serum, please be sure they should be thick and glossy and don’t have too many oils. If oils are absorbed too much into hair, your hair can end up looking greasy.
4. To create a textured wet look, you can begin with damp hair. But you’ll need to give yourself enough time for this style to set before you head out. If you’re not quite into the wet look, you can still achieve an enamel-like gleam on dry hair.
There is no doubt that it seems aquatic-themed hair trends are on the rise this year. It’s all about the ‘water waves’ hair trend in 2022. If you want to learn how to get water waves, click here to learn the detailed tutorial.
For added lengths, you can leave that to HiArt Hair. As a famous virgin human hair brand, HiArt Hair always offers various human hair wigs, affordable human hair weaves, and human hair ponytails.